Looking for a picturesque destination that won't break the bank? Look no further than Eugene! Nestled in the heart of the Pacific Northwest, Eugene boasts a stunning natural setting and a laid-back vibe that makes it the perfect place to unwind and recharge. And with cheap flights to Eugene readily available, there's never been a better time to start planning your getaway.
So what makes Eugene such a great place to visit? For starters, there's the city's stunning location. From the lush greenery of Alton Baker Park to the breathtaking views of Skinner Butte, Eugene is a nature lover's paradise. And with miles of hiking and biking trails nearby, there are plenty of opportunities to get outside and explore the area's natural beauty.
But it's not just the outdoors that make Eugene such a great destination. The city is also home to a thriving arts scene, with numerous galleries and museums showcasing the work of talented local artists. And with a lively music scene that includes everything from jazz to indie rock, there's always something going on in Eugene.
Of course, no visit to Eugene is complete without taking some time to explore the city's many craft breweries and farm-to-table restaurants. From the award-winning beers of Ninkasi Brewing Company to the delicious locally sourced cuisine of Marché, there's no shortage of delicious food and drink options to choose from.
So if you're looking for a laid-back destination that offers plenty of natural beauty, cultural attractions, and delicious food and drink, be sure to put Eugene on your travel bucket list. With cheap flights readily available, there's no excuse not to start planning your next adventure today!
Airlines flying to Eugene
Looking for cheap flights to Eugene? You've got plenty of options! Here are some of the airlines that fly into Eugene Airport.
- Alaska Airlines Alaska Airlines offers daily flights to Eugene from Seattle and San Francisco. They also have connections to destinations throughout the West Coast and beyond.
- American Airlines American Airlines has a daily flight to Eugene from their hub in Phoenix. This can be a great option if you're coming from the Southwest or looking to connect to other destinations in the American Airlines network.
- Delta Air Lines Delta has a daily flight to Eugene from their hub in Salt Lake City. This is a good option if you're coming from the Mountain West or looking to connect to other destinations in Delta's network.
- United Airlines United offers daily flights to Eugene from their hubs in Denver and San Francisco. They also have connections to destinations throughout the United network.
- Southwest Airlines Southwest operates a limited schedule of flights to Eugene, primarily from their hub in Oakland. However, they also have connections to destinations throughout their network.
No matter which airline you choose, flying to Eugene is generally a breeze. The airport is small and easy to navigate, with plenty of services and amenities for travelers. Plus, with so many airlines to choose from, you're sure to find a flight that fits your needs and budget. Happy travels!
Getting to and from the airport
If you're looking for cheap flights to Eugene, then you're in luck because the city is served by Eugene Airport (EUG). It's the primary airport for Oregon's southern Willamette Valley region and is located just 7 miles northwest of downtown Eugene.
Transportation options to and from EUG
1. Rideshare Services Uber and Lyft are available at EUG, providing a convenient way to get to your desired location. Simply book a ride through their mobile apps, and you're good to go.
2. Taxis Taxis are readily available at the airport. However, they can be more expensive compared to rideshare services.
3. Shuttles and Buses Several shuttle and bus services operate between the airport and different locations within the city. The Lane Transit District (LTD) offers bus service from the airport to downtown Eugene and the University of Oregon.
4. Car Rentals If you prefer driving yourself, various car rental companies have outlets at the airport. You can choose between standard or luxury cars, depending on your budget.
Airport Features and Amenities
- Free Wi-Fi for all passengers
- An ATM and currency exchange
- A variety of shops and restaurants
- Conference rooms and business centers for corporate travelers
- Short-term and long-term parking
Keep in mind that the airport doesn't have any hotel facilities. However, several hotels are located within a short driving distance from the airport.
Overall, Eugene Airport (EUG) offers a hassle-free transportation experience, thanks to its convenient location and transportation options.
What to do in Eugene
If you're looking to explore the Pacific Northwest, Eugene, America is a great destination to add to your list. Thanks to cheap flights, getting to this vibrant college town in Oregon has never been easier. Once you arrive, there are plenty of things to see and do. Here are just a few suggestions.
- Visit the University of Oregon campus. Home to the Oregon Ducks, the University of Oregon is known for its impressive athletics program as well as its beautiful campus. Take a stroll around and admire the architecture, or catch a game if you're in town during football or basketball season.
- Check out the local art scene. Eugene is home to many talented artists, and there are plenty of galleries and art museums to explore. Head to the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art to see works by both local and international artists, or check out the Maude Kerns Art Center for a taste of the local art scene.
- Go for a hike. With its proximity to the Cascade Mountains, Eugene is an excellent base for outdoor activities. Lace up your hiking boots and head to Spencer Butte for a challenging climb with stunning views of the city. Or, if you're looking for something more leisurely, check out the nearby Ridgeline Trail for a scenic walk.
- Enjoy the food and drink. Eugene is home to a thriving food and drink scene, with plenty of local breweries, wineries, and restaurants to explore. Try some craft beer at Ninkasi Brewing Company or Hop Valley Brewing Company, or sip on a Pinot Noir at one of the many nearby wineries.
These are just a few of the many things to do in Eugene, America. Whether you're looking for outdoor adventures or cultural experiences, this vibrant college town has something to offer everyone.
When is best to visit Eugene
If you're planning a trip to Eugene, America, it's important to know the best time to visit. The city has a mild, temperate climate with a lot of rainfall throughout the year.
The peak tourist season in Eugene is during the summer months from June to August, when the weather is warm and sunny with fewer rainy days. However, this is also the most expensive time to visit, with high hotel rates and expensive flights.
For those looking to save some money, the best time to visit Eugene is during the shoulder season from March to May or September to November. During these times, you'll find cheaper flights and accommodations, and fewer crowds.
If you're a sports fan, Eugene is a great place to visit during the fall months when the University of Oregon football team has home games. The atmosphere is electric, and the city is buzzing with excitement.
The best time to visit Eugene depends on your priorities. If you're looking for cheaper flights and hotels, consider visiting during the shoulder season. However, if you're a sports fan, the fall months are the perfect time to experience the excitement of game day in Eugene.
What to eat in Eugene
If you're catching some cheap flights to Eugene, you'll definitely want to sample the city's cuisine. Here are some must-try dishes.
- Bagels at Humble Bagel Co. - These are some of the best bagels you'll ever taste! The Humble Bagel Co. offers a variety of flavors and toppings, from classic cream cheese to lox and capers.
- Burgers at Cornucopia - This local favorite serves up juicy burgers with all the fixings, including avocado, bacon, and sautéed mushrooms. Their veggie burgers are also a hit.
- Pizza at Pegasus Pizza - Pegasus Pizza has been around since 1989, and for good reason. Their hand-tossed pizzas are some of the best in town, with toppings like artichoke hearts, feta cheese, and roasted garlic.
- Donuts at Voodoo Doughnut - Voodoo Doughnut is a Eugene institution, known for their wacky and over-the-top donuts. Try the maple bacon bar or the Portland cream.
- Tacos at Tacovore - Tacovore is a trendy spot with a focus on fresh and local ingredients. Their tacos come on handmade tortillas and are served with creative toppings like pickled onions, cotija cheese, and chipotle aioli.
Whether you're in the mood for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, Eugene has plenty of delicious options to choose from. Bon appétit! 🍽️
Top 5 attractions in Eugene
- #1 - Skinner Butte Park - If you're looking to get some fresh air and take a hike, Skinner Butte Park is the perfect spot. With over 100 acres of land, you can explore trails, picnic areas, and even a playground for the kiddos. Plus, there's a great view of Eugene from the top of the hill!
- #2 - University of Oregon - The University of Oregon is a staple of the Eugene community. Take a walk around campus and check out the beautiful buildings and landscaping. You can even catch a Ducks game at Autzen Stadium if you're in town during football season. Go Ducks!
- #3 - Alton Baker Park - Another great outdoor spot, Alton Baker Park has something for everyone. From a dog park to bike paths to a fishing pond, you can spend hours here enjoying the fresh air. Plus, it's conveniently located near the University of Oregon.
- #4 - Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art - If you're looking for some indoor entertainment, the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art has you covered. With over 14,000 works of art, you can immerse yourself in all kinds of creative expression. Plus, admission is free for UO students and faculty, and only $5 for adults.
- #5 - Mount Pisgah Arboretum - Just a short drive outside of Eugene, Mount Pisgah Arboretum is a must-see for nature lovers. With over 200 acres of land, you can explore miles of trails, picnic areas, and even a butterfly garden. Admission is only $5 per car, making it an affordable outing for families or groups.
Looking for cheap flights to Eugene to check out these attractions? Be sure to check out our flight deals before you book your trip!
Places like Eugene worth visiting
- Eugene, Oregon Known as the "Emerald City," Eugene is a charming college town that's surrounded by lush green forests and scenic rivers. It's a haven for outdoorsy types, with plenty of hiking, biking, fishing, and kayaking opportunities. The town also has a thriving arts scene, with galleries, theaters, and music venues galore. Plus, Eugene is just a short drive from the coast and the mountains, making it a great base for exploring the Pacific Northwest. And with cheap flights to Eugene available from many major cities, it's easy to get here without breaking the bank.
- New Orleans, Louisiana No city in America is quite like New Orleans, with its rich history, vibrant music, and delicious cuisine. Whether you're strolling the French Quarter, listening to jazz on Frenchmen Street, or chowing down on gumbo and beignets, there's something here for everyone. Plus, New Orleans is home to some amazing festivals, such as Mardi Gras and the Jazz & Heritage Festival. And with more and more airlines offering cheap flights to the city, it's becoming easier than ever to experience all that NOLA has to offer.
- Denver, Colorado Nestled at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, Denver is a cosmopolitan city that's packed with culture and outdoor activities. From the art museums and craft breweries in the downtown area to the hiking trails and ski resorts in the nearby mountains, there's always something to do here. And with cheap flights to Denver available from many cities, it's a great destination for a weekend getaway or a longer vacation.
- Austin, Texas If you're looking for a city with a lively music scene and a laid-back vibe, then Austin is the place for you. The city is home to iconic music venues like the Continental Club and the Broken Spoke, and there are plenty of opportunities to catch live music in parks and other outdoor spaces. Austin also has a thriving food scene, with plenty of world-class BBQ joints and food trucks to choose from. And with cheap flights to Austin available from many cities, it's a great place to visit year-round.
- Seattle, Washington Known for its coffee, grunge music, and tech industry, Seattle is a city that's always on the cutting edge. Whether you're exploring the quirky boutiques and galleries in the Capitol Hill neighborhood, or taking a ride to the top of the Space Needle for stunning views of the city and the Puget Sound, there's never a dull moment here. And with cheap flights to Seattle available from many major cities, it's a great place to visit for a weekend or longer.